Sunday, April 11, 2010

J's Baptism

What a wonderful weekend. My J-man is the sweetest spirit I have ever encountered. He was Baptiszed on April 10th at 2 pm. he was so excited he kept bouncing in his seat. I have never seen him just shine. He was all smiles. As I write this I can not find words that truly discribe how he looked and acted. Everyone has commented on how they have never seen a child so excited and anxious to be baptized. It was amazing to see my wonderful hubby down in the water withthis radiating boy. I was moved to tears. It was such an amazing time. I know that he is such a special spirit. the Lord has great work for this special young man.

He has such a great love for this gospel and wants to do al that he can. He is turning into a scriptorian. He loves to read the scriptures and learns so much from them. he was so excited to get his very own scriptures for his baptism. He already used all the ribbon bookmarks to mark his favorite scriptures.

He got a Webkinz for his birthday and one of the character traits that it said was that his new pet was extremely honest. James was so excited becaue he too is extremely honest!

At church today the Bishop called James up to the pulpit to acknowledge his baptism in front of the congregation. Before the Bishop finished calling him up he was up there. He was all smiles wooing the audiance with his radiating smile and dimples. then in primary today they presented him with a small photo album as a gift to help him remember his baptism. again he was bouncing on his heels radiating with excitement. All day today people commented on J's excitement. I think they were just touched by his radiating spirit today and yesterday.

I just love that boy. I am so glad that he is a part of my family. He is just so loving and such an example to me and those around him. I am in awe of him and can't wait to see what is in store for him as he continues to mature and grow. I am sure it will be a life full of amazing things.

2 comments:

Allyson said...

Wish we could have been there for his special day! J. is really such a sweetheart!

Sharla said...

Wish we could have been there too!