the thought of when you are in the service of your fellow man you are in the service of your God. Meaning (in my opinion) that if you are serving others you are doing the Lord's work. You are doing what he would do if he were here to do it.
Now comes the awe ha moment. My hand are his hands. think about it.... what would his hands be doing... helping, serving, healing, lifting others up and relieving burdens. Are my hands lifting others up or are they tearing others down. Then that leads to the thought of is my heart his heart. Are my intentions good? Am I truly loving my neighbor? Is my heart in the place that is where the Lord's heart would be??
Dieter F. Uchtdorf relates this, "A story is told that during the bombing of a city in World War II, a large statue of Jesus Christ was severely damaged. When the townspeople found the statue among the rubble, they mourned because it had been a beloved symbol of their faith and of God’s presence in their lives.
Experts were able to repair most of the statue, but its hands had been damaged so severely that they could not be restored. Some suggested that they hire a sculptor to make new hands, but others wanted to leave it as it was—a permanent reminder of the tragedy of war. Ultimately, the statue remained without hands. However, the people of the city added on the base of the statue of Jesus Christ a sign with these words: “You are my hands.”....
There is a profound lesson in this story. When I think of the Savior, I often picture Him with hands outstretched, reaching out to comfort, heal, bless, and love. And He always talked with, never down to, people. He loved the humble and the meek and walked among them, ministering to them and offering hope and salvation.
That is what He did during His mortal life; it is what He would be doing if He were living among us today; and it is what we should be doing as His followers.....As we emulate His perfect example, our hands can become His hands; our eyes, His eyes; our heart, His heart."So as I contemplate this and other thoughts I have had tonight I wonder what I can do to be more like Him. What should my hands, mind, and heart be doing? Jesus' example was simple the golden rule love your neighbor as thyself and treat others the way you want to be treated. No matter the age, sex, race, or other circumstance.
I will not have idle hands I will keep them busy with more service and my mind filled with thoughts of others and less of myself and be open to needs of others. Let my eyes be open to those in need of help. and my heart will be turned to love. I will be His hands. Will You??
easier said than done.
Have a good week.




No comments:
Post a Comment