Tuesday, June 15, 2010

what is that?

A favorite summer pass time from my youth was ice blocking. You know sitting on a towel in top a big iceblock and wooshing down the hill. Aaaahhh good times. Well I decided to intoduce my children to this wonderful experience. As I tried to explain it to them they just could not invision it. But once my hubby and I showed them how to do it they were so excited! after an hour or so tho the 2 younger ones said they wanted to go more but that their arms were just too tired to carry that heavy block up the hill. And the youngest never made it down the whole hill with out a wipe out. Her dearest dad took many runs with her on his lap and wizzed down the hill with her. Brownie points for him. =) It was such a fun evening. Even today my 11 yr old expressed how much fun ice blocking was; at least 10 times before he went to school. So Brownie points for me too ;)

P.S. I never realized what a screamer I was. Hehehehe

1 comment:

ducknme said...

I'd never heard of such a thing either, but it sounds like fun. What hill did you use?