Sunday, October 5, 2008

I love fall

Its raining its pouring the old man is snoring...... I love rain. It really makes me happy. Snow eehh not so much. I have been loving this weather. I do not look forward to the winter weather that will soon be here. I have also been enjoying this wonderful fall. I love to go outside at dusk and enjoy the cool fall air. I love to see the changes in the leaves and the whole world seems to have a burst of life before it settles into that winter slumber. I am not close to being ready to start my winter "hide-ernation" yes hidernation. I do not sleep all winter, but I hide. I hide from snow, the dreary skys, the miserable cold weather. I hate to leave my house. I really hate when in the winter the sky and ground and most of my neighborhood of white houses are all that same dreary blah whitish grey. I hide form the colorless world. Oh how I really don't want winter to come but inevitably it will, and I will some how survive it to welcome a glorious spring when the world comes back to life. I will be the first to welcome it's return.
But for now I will savor every leaf that changes color, every crisp fall breeze, every time I get to pull on a jacket(not coat) to enjoy some time outside.

2 comments:

Jaqui said...

Fall is my favorite season! I love the leaves changing color, and I love it when my burning bushes turn bright red. It's my favorite fall plant. I like how the air smells in the fall. Is that weird? Anyway, dido!

Tamara Terrill said...

We will make it through the winter Amy!