AHHH,
Christmas is almost at a close. It will be sad to wait another 12 months for another one. We have had a sad few weeks as all of our children even the 5 yr old has expressed unbelief in dear old Santa Claus. Thanks to the 10 yr old who told the 7 yr old who then told the 5 yr old. GRRRRRRR. But then we have had some good moments. A shimmer of believing. A. wrote a letter to Santa at school begging for a toy she was sure that we did not buy her. Then Christmas morning it was not the gift from Santa and then as she settled in and liked the Santa gift she said to me mom there is a Santa isn't there and he knew I always wanted one of these. It was an art supply carrying case that we picked up on a whim. She never expressed that she wanted it. Too cute. Other things she said that was cute was she opened a gift and hugged it and said that she had a crush on it because she loved it. There was also a ton of squeeling for joy with the opening on many gifts. I guess that is the joy of having a little girl. BTW we had gotten her that beloved prize toy.
J. has been so excited for Christmas this year despite the news of his older brother. He still wasn't sure on the whole Santa issue. But he had 2 different count down systems going and he never missed a day and he was just all smiles and full of excitement for a whole month. It became quite contageous to me. I had the Christmas spirit more this year than in a long time. Thanks to my big J.
D. what can I say.... I struggled with what to buy him so that his whole Chriatmas wasn't something that would glue him to his electronic friends( ie the computer, Wii and DS) but then broke down and every gift ended up being something the was for all of those things. I just couldn't come up with anything. But he still loved all the gifts and has had a blast already as he has been trying out all the new things.
I have been waiting 3 years to get a pair of dress boots and finally they arrived this Christmas... so there must really be a Santa =)
But over all I have just loved this time of year and the goodess and the selflessness I have seen in my family and others. I have been extra sentimental and missing family this year. I have had a huge need to be surrounded by my family and missed seeing my extended family this year. I am thankful too for the season to remember Jesus and his birth. That small miricle in itself led to many other gifts and miricles. I am thankful for the loving example that my savior left to me to follow and the gift of his life. My gift to him is to try even harder to follow his loving example and be more forgiving, loving, kind, but, most of all to be more teachable and plyable. He was all about peace and joy. So joy to the world....let every heart prepare him room......
Just BTW we acted out the nativity with all of our cousins, aunts and uncles. Only the children were preformers. My children played Mary, Joseph, and a tall Sheperd. Lets just say this year was like NO other and gave more comic relief than spiritual uplift. I am sure I was a bit red with emabrassment for their behavior but laughed right along with the crowd. Thanks to those who don't judge me by my children's behavior and love them and me all the same. I will be glad that it will not be our turn again for awhile.
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!
9 years ago




2 comments:
You need to threaten the older kids with "Santa doesn't come to those who don't believe." It keeps them at least playing along for a few more years. We ended up telling our oldest two when they were 10-11 so their friends wouldn't make fun of them. They were so upset from this info. I think we'll wait until K is another year older, but I can tell she's on the brink of not believing. How very sad for her because her passion is fairies. Does helping our kids believe so long mean we're good liars? (We never actually do a right out lie. Just say things like "Maybe he gets in the house with magic keys if he can't come down a chimney")
Post a Comment