Thursday, December 31, 2009

AHHHH New Years Eve is upon us. In some ways I dread this time of year. I hate the whole goal setting resolution thing. Yes I know that I have many things that I need to do /accomplish/ better myself..... but, who ever really accomplishes the goals they set? Not many. I think that it is just a mean way to set your self up for failure and then you feel bad as the year comes to a close and you realize that you didn't do what you had planned to do. Now it is time to do it all over again. Not me, not any more. I am taking a stand I will not set anymore goals that will make me feel bad. I will not make anymore resolutions period.

Having said that I am going to try to improve. I will try to be a little bit better. On what you may ask? Well any aspect of my life that needs improvong. Any one can improve on something in a years time. I will be a better person in some way by this time next year. I will not be a failure in this.

Happy New Year!
I love you all my dear friends and family! Thank you for making my life more rich and meaningful! I am a better person because all of you have touched my life in some way.

2 comments:

J said...

Awhile back I decided to abandon the New Year's resolutions and make it more manageable by doing goals every six months after conference weekends.

I haven't been very good at following through on that decision, but I like the idea. So I guess you could say that my New Year's resolution is to start that up again this April. :)

ducknme said...

I gave up public resolutions some time ago. I have some, but I refuse to have people bugging me about them.
That said, I do not see how you could be a better person. You're perfect just the way you are!