Why is it that when ever you seem to hurt yourself terribly, it is always for a stupid reason. It never comes with a heroic story just a embaressing one.
for example when i was 12 I injured my neck COMBING MY HAIR of all things. It was bad enough that I had many weeks of chiropractic therapy and a neck brace day and night -- and of course you feel like a dork saying... I was just combing my hair.
Well my grown up equivalent was yesterday I was out shoveling light fluffy snow that was only about an inch deep. I thought since this was such an easy shoveling job I would do the walks for my neighbors out of town. Well the last throw of show my back seized up. it tool me 10 minutes to walk into my house. Well of not being able to move most of the day and evening I went to bed. I woke up to severe back spasms that was the worst pain I have ever experienced. I ended up going to the ER and had to tell everyone (all of my nurses , doctors, x-ray guy) that it happened while shoveling very easy snow. No heroic story of saving a child who was stuck in a tree or something cool. it was 7th grade all over again.
Sadly, I missed church as we finally got home from the ER just as the kiddos were waking up. I just had to get some sleep the 2 hours I got before the ER was just not enough. We are so grateful and appreciative for a "grandpa" just a couple blocks away, who came and slept on our couch so our kids could be safe while we were gone.
Nothing major to report and they gave me a couple prescriptions for pain and muscle relaxers.
And we worried about Princess A while we were gone, because she had vomited just before bed last night. Luckily it must have been a fluke as she is quite fine this morning.
I guess it was not a quiet normal Saturday night. way to break up the monotony!
9 years ago




2 comments:
Ouch! Hope your back heals quickly!
Oh, Amy! If you need ANYTHING, give me a call. Back pain is horrible!
Also, You can always make up a story about wrestling bears....
Post a Comment