My Aunt Phyllis Frautchy and her daughter Sue came in from the Illinois and Wisconsin area for a visit. they flew into the SL airport and stopped by to see me. I got to see them first! we went out to lunch and chit chatted and introduced them to 2 of my children. then they were off to Idaho.
I now know that I am all grown up.
This weekend I drove up to my home town. All by myself I think for the first time (alone). I never got lost either! My home town has changed quite a bit since I lived there 16 years ago. Wow, am I that old?!! I have been away almost longer than I lived there!
I spent a wonderful day with one of my BFF's from the good old days! We made hair bows and they actually turned out! I can't wait to share my new knowledge with others that I know! Then we enjoyed going out to dinner. It was fun just to get away and see people and catch up!
later we went back to her house and chilled with her family as they were preparing to go camping in the morning! It was great!
Another first... I checked in to a hotel... I have never done that before. then I stayed at a hotel all by myself. that was weird.
The hotel I should clarify was a very cheap motel. It was one of the best nights sleep I have had in a long time! Very cumfy and CLEAN. Down fall --there were not any plug in outlets in the bathroom and all the outlets in the sleeping quarters were taken up by lamp cords or the airconditioner. So, needless to say, I didn't want to curl my hair in the hot or the dark with out a mirror. So I didn't. Then I checked out all by myself. I am such a grown up.
Next I took myself out to breakfast at the very luxurious restaurant called McDonalds. Some of you may not have heard of it. It is very exclusive. HAHA. Anyway I then picked up my grandma Laughridge and took her to my parent's home and enjoyed the company of my brother Steve and his wife Mary. Also My AuntPphyllis from Wisconsin who was there for a visit and we celebrated her 80th birthday. I missed her! I haven't seen her for 18 years. Her laugh is contagious and I wish that I could record it and listen to it all the time!
Then the short trip ended and I headed back to my home to see my family what I missed very much!
My hubby and D-man had been at scout camp all week and I had missed them terribly! Grandma & pa Moody had my 2 little munchkins over night so that I could go up to Idaho.
So a tid bit of scout camp news...
They attended the Bear lake Aquatics camp.
D-man earned all the merit badges that he was signed up for! yay!
Even the wilderness survial one that I about had heart failure over.
Sadly, tho this year, at this camp, there was a death of another scout. Another 12 yr old scout drowned. And uncany, another 12 yr old scout in another part ofUutah also died the same day by being stuck by lightening. My heart goes out to those families as it just as easily could have been my boy! It was hard news to hear. But I count my many blessings that my boys came back safe and sound.
happy weekend to all!




No comments:
Post a Comment