Wednesday, November 19, 2008

thankfuls

I am thankful for some odd / funny things like...
1. Hats. I love hats almost as much as I love shoes. The funnier the better! But I also like practical hats for those bad hair days and soccer games in the wind and sun.
2. from top to bottom I am thankful for shoes. I love shoes I collect shoes. But I love all shoes that are closed toed because I am not thankful for the ugly toes that I inherited from some great-great-great somebody.
3. I am thankful for comedians. One of the things that I enjoy and turns my whole day around is a good laugh. I will take it anyway I can get it. I am thankful for laughing.
4. Little red pills - my sons happy pills that make him normal enough that his life is enjoyable.
5. Dimples. I am a sucker for a smile enhanced with deep dimples. and I was blessed with a boy with the best dimples ever. (except for the boy named Slater on a show called Saved by the Bell)

I am thankful for some serious things.

1. Good teachers. I never knew how good I had it before. This year is a struggle with teachers more than ever before. I am thankful for those dedicated teachers who put their whole soul into teaching and love doing what they do and do it so well.
2. Reading levels. I am thankful for reading levels because it is a way to easily see the progress of my children. My oldest is in 4th grade and his reading level is 7th grade level. My next child had taken off in reading too. He has jumped 2 reading levels after only being in school for a couple of months. It has been great to see the light click.
3. compliant children. I love it when my children are kind and helpful willingly. It is happening a bit more lately. Sooooo nice
4. Jobs. THis is a thankful for more than one reason. I am thankful that My husband has a job that offers seecurity and a steady paycheck to cover the needs and luxury of some wants. I am also thank ful for my "job" that give me fullfillment and also a greater appreciatio for my children who I find much more pleasent this year :)
5. Heater vents. As a kid I always claimed the best heater vent to sit on every winter. Then I taught my children how to sit on heater vents and now I have to fight for the best one. Often in the winter there is nothing better than sitting on a heater vent with a makshift blanket tent to trap in the heat.

I did follow the thankful post trend I admit it I am a follower. But tis the season.

No comments: