Sunday, November 20, 2011

out of the mouth of babes

to set up the situation...
My hubby and I were discussing the budget and how much $$ we would have to do all of the charity things we like to do at Christmas... Food bank, sub for Santa, toys for tots etc.... our 9 year old asked what was toys for tots. We explained that Some families do not have $$ to buy toys for their kids so other people can buy toys for them.
My sweet 9 year old said, " Those poor toyless families. I bet the parents are going crazy."
me-- " why"
him-- " the parents are thinking I need a break, get these kids away from me. So when they get a scooter or a toy, they will leave the parents alone and the parents will go waahooo!"
So that is how you view the world little man?! Ya-- nominate me for mother of the year. My kids think they always drive me crazy and I just want them to go play away from me. Nice!
This was before the big tickle fight that left us both laughing so hard that we couldn't breathe. See I do like to play with my kids.

No comments: