
Happy birthday D!!!!!


Well how the time flies it is another birthday!
Even though D was my first I still vividly remember his birth and first years better than any other child. shhhh don't tell the others. So D was 11 days late. The doctors let me wait that long to see if my body would go into action. Well it didn't, not even a trace of any signs. So after 10 days they sent me into start the process for me. I went home to wait for another treatment and while waiting my water broke. 17 hours after that, my progress wasn't progressing. Many other complicated things happened.. I was prepped for an emergency C-section but didn't need it after all, but then they had to take my beautiful boy by C-section anyway later. He was so big that they still had to use forcepts to pull him out. 10.4 was his wieght! but was not the largest born that day.
(Don't let this picture fool you he hardly slept so we took lots of sleeping pictures to document that it did happen sometimes)
The next year was a blur of many sleepless nights and days, many moves and changes. We moved three times that year and Brent graduated school and Our new baby was HARD!!!! He never napped even the first few months. He insisted on nursing but our bobdies couldn't even touch. He was easily distracted and would eat at all if even I breathed too loudly. I was a new mom and loved him dearly but I didn' think I was cut out to be a mom. I had never really been around babies before and just assumed all babies were this high maintainance.


Well life finally settled down and we moved one last time and I got to meet many wonderful moms and shared many life experiences and learned that not all babies were like mine. That knowledge has lead us down a path I nver thought I would have traveled. But so many blessings have come from my precious boy who I wouldn't trade for anything in the whole world. He continues to be difficult and a cause of much of my worry but sooooo many blessings have come into my life and opened my eyes to so much more that I would have blind to otherwise. I know his sweet spirit had blessed others too. I only wish other 10 year olds could see the sweet wonder that he really is and see past the challenges that he faces everyday. I love him more than ever and am so proud of the progress that he makes daily. My heart just swells with love and compassion and pride when ever I think of my sweet D.
by the way he is almost as tall as I am and I thought that I was on the tall side. keep it up D, be tall like your dad!

Even though D was my first I still vividly remember his birth and first years better than any other child. shhhh don't tell the others. So D was 11 days late. The doctors let me wait that long to see if my body would go into action. Well it didn't, not even a trace of any signs. So after 10 days they sent me into start the process for me. I went home to wait for another treatment and while waiting my water broke. 17 hours after that, my progress wasn't progressing. Many other complicated things happened.. I was prepped for an emergency C-section but didn't need it after all, but then they had to take my beautiful boy by C-section anyway later. He was so big that they still had to use forcepts to pull him out. 10.4 was his wieght! but was not the largest born that day.
(Don't let this picture fool you he hardly slept so we took lots of sleeping pictures to document that it did happen sometimes)The next year was a blur of many sleepless nights and days, many moves and changes. We moved three times that year and Brent graduated school and Our new baby was HARD!!!! He never napped even the first few months. He insisted on nursing but our bobdies couldn't even touch. He was easily distracted and would eat at all if even I breathed too loudly. I was a new mom and loved him dearly but I didn' think I was cut out to be a mom. I had never really been around babies before and just assumed all babies were this high maintainance.


Well life finally settled down and we moved one last time and I got to meet many wonderful moms and shared many life experiences and learned that not all babies were like mine. That knowledge has lead us down a path I nver thought I would have traveled. But so many blessings have come from my precious boy who I wouldn't trade for anything in the whole world. He continues to be difficult and a cause of much of my worry but sooooo many blessings have come into my life and opened my eyes to so much more that I would have blind to otherwise. I know his sweet spirit had blessed others too. I only wish other 10 year olds could see the sweet wonder that he really is and see past the challenges that he faces everyday. I love him more than ever and am so proud of the progress that he makes daily. My heart just swells with love and compassion and pride when ever I think of my sweet D.
by the way he is almost as tall as I am and I thought that I was on the tall side. keep it up D, be tall like your dad!





4 comments:
Happy Birthday D! Hope you have a fun and great day!
Happy Birthday D! Have a wonderful day!
Wow 10.4 that is huge. Dallin is truely a wonderful boy. I too wish others could see all the charm and not focus on his limitations. There is nothing that boy can't do. He is going to do so much good in his lifetime, you just watch :)
BTW- Happy Birthday Big D
Post a Comment