Today is a big mile stone in my life. I have been at the same job for a decade. What job is that you may ask. Well the job of motherhood. 10 years ago today I had my first experience of holding my own child in my arms. What an adventure life has been ever since. I don't think I will ever be done learning life lessons that come with motherhood.
I think that what I have learned the most is compassion and to be less selfish. Everyday my heart aches for my children that they will loved and safe away from me. And everyday I put most things aside to love them and to help them and be what they need me to be. A good friend of mine shared this quote and I hope that it is what happens in my home most of the time...
"Home should be the place where all family members get their buckets of self-esteem filled so full that the world can’t poke enough holes in them to drain them dry.”
As I am now prepping for children who's age will now be in the double digits and nearing teenager-hood I hope that I can still be the mom they need me to be and that I can also be the one they come to. I worry about the future but if my children stay the good spirits that they are we will all survive I hope.
9 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment