Monday, April 27, 2009

New computer

Well be begin with I am ready to throw this old computer in the garbage. It has been with us since a time when we only had one child. We thought it was a great computer. Now not so much it is 7+ years old and it has seen better days. I still works. It is slow but it does what I need it to surf the internet during boredom hours.....
Well a few weeks ago we were planning the yearly budget and what things we wanted to save up for and try to get this year. A new computer was on near the top of my sweeties list so we started looking and had a custom built to fit all of his techy needs and media needs that he wanted and the power behind it to do it all. Well It was finally ordered and when it didn't arrive on the designated day we checked the tracking and found out that it was being delayed another week in Alaska in customs because it wasn't authorized to be in the country. My first thought was how lame. It isn't even a person it is a computer for crying out loud. then I took a deep breath and thought a week isn't that bad.

Well today I was in my room when a knock came to the door. I then heard my 10 year old open the door and was having a detailed conversation with an unrecognizable male voice. I ran to the door to see the Fed-Ex guy there and handing my son a big box. My first thought is I didn't even order anything. and D. says really happily "mom I didn't think you were home so I signed for it and everything. He said I was old enough." I took the heavy box and realized that it must be the computer hip hooray 3 days early! After 30 secondsthe excitement died down and I asked Dallin if you thought I wasn't home why did you open the door to a stranger? He wasn't a stranger mom he was the fed-ex guy and I knew he wasn't faking because how could he get a fed-ex costume and a truck with a box for us in it? Well can you argue with that logic? Well the new computer is in the other room getting set up and used by my hubby. He is way excited.

It is way fancy to me. Pretty neat too. It has a fingerprint scanner. I feel like I belong to the FBI or some top secret oraganization or something. I hoped that when I scanned my fingerprint that the computer screen would fill with a mans face telling me "my mission should I choose to accept it is......" but of coarse that only happens in movies.

I hope to have a turn with the new toy soon. The kids are hopeful that they will be able to play with it too in a week if they are lucky to pry it out of dads hands =)

No comments: