Sunday, May 1, 2011

sunday

Today was an interesting day. Have you ever noticed that the hand of the Lord is constantly in your life but most times you don't realize it until after the fact or moment is over? Simple things and not so simple are guided by the Lord to help us out. Twice this week I have had simple promptings or nudges you might say. And 2 specific ones I did not "listen" to. They are silly nothing life or death but I have been trying to be more aware of these promptings and twice I chose not to listen. Now nothing bad came of it.
1st one: I kept thinking we should review how to bare our testimonies at church. Since it was fast and testimony Sunday and all. But I ignored it. Well my 9 yr old decided to bare his testimony today. He really wanted to share what he felt in his heart was right and true. (there is no official way to start or what to say But typically everyone says the obvious... I would like to bare my testimony) Well he got up there and just stood for a whole minute and he looked down at us on the front row with asking eyes... so we start whispering "I'd like to bare my testimony" he then whispers back.."WHAT???" then he turns around and talks to the bishopric sitting on the stand behind him then comes back to the microphone and bore a sweet simple testimonies of the truths that he knows. Like, he knows that Jesus loves him, that the scriptures are true and that Joseph Smith really translated the book of Mormon. then he turned and whispered to the bishopric again and came and sat down. he came back by me and said, "mom, I couldn't remember how we start it and end it. I instantly think that I knew I should have talked about that with them this week. Silly Me I didn't listen.
Well it kind of turned out for the good most people in the congregation took it as his shyness or being scared. 4 different adults who do not usually stand up did. each of them commented that if "little Brother Moody" could get up here than so could they. We heard some very simple heart felt testimonies that were very touching. When the meeting was over J-man leaned over to me again and said "mom, I helped 4 other people be brave and bare their testimonies today!" By the way every time they mentioned him he would duck his head and turn a little red in the face. What a super kid.

2nd one: All day Saturday the thought kept coming to my mind- Read through the Sunday school lesson. I kept telling myself why, it is not my turn to teach. The other teacher always does a fine job she won't need me as back up. Over and over "read through the lesson" Last night I even talked to my husband saying I hope the other teacher remembers that she is the lesson because she has been gone for a couple weeks. again I think I should read through the lesson. NOPE! Well at 1/2 hour before church starts I get a call from the other teacher. I am so sick and can not come to church will you please teach the lesson. UGH! No prep time I sat in the testimony meeting before my class started trying to cram together a well prepared lesson. sheesh. Why didn't I read the lesson yesterday???

See nothing terrible nothing horrific. Just I should have listened.

No comments: