TodayI attended a wonderful conference for women. It was a time out from kids, a time out with friends, a time out of life in general. B. had 3 soccer games to juggle, multiple grocery store shopping, a trip to the library and kept his word about cleaning the house for me. What a man.
Thank you for letting me have a day of spiritual uplifting and stress reliever.
Well I just wanted to share a few things that I learned or relearned today.
I have good friends that can see the good in me that I fail to see in myself. To clarify, my friends secretly (to me not the rest of the world) nominated me to be acknowledged as a woman who finds joy.(or something like that.) When I heard my name called I thought it was a practical joke. Me? the biggest complainer in all the world? Well it was neat to hear the perspective of things that I missed about myself.
Don't feel guilty if you are happy or find joy in your life.
The Lord love us individually. knows us personally and talks to us. I witnessed him speak to my friends heart through one of the presenters today.
That we can truly have joy in our lives and that everyone's joy is different.
I relearned that the answers we seek will not always be handed to us on a silver platter that we need to just live and do the best we can.
peace is a part of joy and it can be destroyed by guilt and contention.
We can bring joy to others and change the outcome of their day by just giving them 1 second a day. and if we take 1 second to uplift some one 5 times a day (1 second for 5 different people) we can change 5 different peoples day. Who doesn't have 5 seconds to spare to uplift someone with a kind word.
We need to do more service as families. Get the children involved with the execution of the projects and have them follow it through to the end.
We never tell ourselves that as long as we try out best that it is good enough. We tell our children that all the time but never ourselves but it is just a s true for us as for them. We need to forgive our selves and we are worth the effort.
Lastly I have been lost in a state of confusion and chaos. I received an answer to a prayer that told me that I had done everything I could but it wasn't enough I needed to have more faith and rely on the Lord and seek his will of what I should be doing in my life. Well that seemed too hard. My life was hard but I could deal with this hardness because I knew I could because I had been doing it. trusting in the Lord seemed harder too hard to do it. So here I an still floundering and feeling lost. So as the presenters kept telling us to come to the Lord and have him ease our burdens and do his will we could find joy. Joy that is what I need. Joy to fill my heart with joy so there is less room for guilt, and depression and worthlessness. Joy I need, I want joy. Who doesn't. Now that it was told to me again and again do I still lack the faith to take that blind unknowing leap of faith and trust the Lord will catch me? That he really will ease my burdens and not make them heavier? I think that I believe that, but do I trust myself to do it? Time will tell. I think that I better do something soon before the Lord decides that I am not listening to him and gets me to listen in a more forceful way:)
9 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment