Friday, September 26, 2008

can it be true?

I always dread when I get a phone call from the school regarding D. In fact it used to happen so often that I never left my house for fear that I would miss the almost weekly call. I answer the phone religiously between the hours of 8:30-3:30. Today I got the first call of the year and from the new school, regarding D. Of course my stomach fell and my heart jumped into my throat as I braced myself for what is it this time.... I could just cry with joy. Pure 100% joy. They said he is doing so well they want to take him out of all of his special services. They said he is just too normal to be in them. They asked why he was in them in the first place. Who would have guessed I would ever get THAT phone call. They are giving me the weekend to think about it and decide what I want to do.
Wow I still can't hardly believe it.

3 comments:

heidivee said...

What awesome, awesome news! How exciting is that? Way to go, D!!

Heather Shepherd said...

I'm so happy for all of you! Maybe the boundary change was a blessing in diguise.

ducknme said...

Good for D! He's such a sweet kid! We had a lot of fun here Friday afternoon!