9 years ago
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
sad world
With an experience this afternoon that wasn't even mine; I am saddened that we can not trust the regular Joe innocent person. Let me clarify. This afternoon a neighbor around the corner called me and relayed this message... that she was unnerved by a big white van with no windows parked across the street from her house and had been there for over an hour and the unrecognized driver never got out and was just watching all the kids walking home from school. I told her I would be a bit freaked out too and she asked if she should call the police I said maybe just to report something suspicious. So she did and they sent out an officer. While we were back on the phone together she said the van had turned around and pulled into her drive way and the guy was getting out. As I started freaking out I told her don't answer the door and get his license plate before he drives away. He may leave before the officer gets there. It ended up not being able to get the plate # and the guy left something at her door. It ended up being a flier for carpet cleaning with some handwritten info on it that he was probably sitting in his van filling out before he delivered them. And of course he was long gone before the police made it there. But you just never know. and that is what makes it sad. I hate that you have to question everyone and everything. A car with a driver shouldn't have to raise our adrenaline and horrible scenarios play through our heads. Maybe there are too many CSI shows on TV. Sleep tight tonight and lock your doors.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
It is so sad the world we live in. I have been a very protective mother since my oldest was born. I use to not let my kids play out front, except when I was there, but now they can if they have permission and the two oldest siblings are there. With constant reminders they know to come in right away if someone approaches them. I never let them walk to and from school alone. If they don't want to give someone a hug, they don't have to, because it's their body and they can say no. I'd much rather be considered paranoid and be safe than sorry.
I've called the police when a strange car sat in front of the neighbor's house for 3 days in a row. They never showed up to check it out. That's sad too.
Hey - I walked past that guy when we walked Jaina home from school this afternoon. I remember thinking...should I look - don't look too much - I think I looked too much - but why is he there? All sorts of things went through my mind and I once were past him I was glad to have my fierce dog walking along side us! :)
It's just sad.
It's a scary world we live in. I guess it's just better to be safe, even if it means we freak out a little bit once in awhile. I'm glad it turned out okay.
Post a Comment