Thursday, February 12, 2009

I made it through

Do you ever feel that your life is just so busy that there is barely time to breathe in and out and yet simultaneously your life is so boring and mundane that you wonder what you could do to make it even slightly interesting? Everyday is the same busy as the day before and will be tomorrow.

Well tonight I went way WAY WAY out of my comfort zone. I taught a grown up class. Little people, I am great with them, they don't make my palms sweat or my knees weak and I can make goofy faces with out feeling self conscious. Tonight on the other hand I got up in front of 20ish adult teaching a subject that I don't know well. Well enough to trudge through on my own but not knowledgeable to teach others. I taught a cub scout round table meeting. I just subbed for the regualr teacher (my M.I.L.) and she prepared all the work I just had to get up in front of them and be the voice of her hard work, and not faint. Well I didn't faint! wait that needs more of these !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And to top it off I wasn't even nervous. I feel I did great even after one of the attendants tried to rattle me a bit. I would not say it was fun or that I would volunteer to do it again, but deep down I am so proud of myself. I did it and did it somewhat well. Maybe they didn't think so, but for what it could of been.... Yea Go Me!!!

5 comments:

Jules said...

Great job Amy! I saw you for 1 second last night, but then you and Brent left. It was my first time going to roundtable as a scout leader. I am excited to be in scouting again! You probably did so well, you'll be asked to do it again or teach at Vanguard! Good luck!

Tamara Terrill said...

That is great! I admire people who can get up and conquer their fears. I just say NO - and run away if asked to do anything remotely close to that!
Way to go!

Melanie said...

Yea you!! You need to give yourself more credit. I knew you could do it. It's really not that bad speaking in front of others, but I know it is difficult for you. You should be proud of yourself Amy.

Anonymous said...

Thanks again, Amy!!! I'm glad it went well for you. You never know, I might need you again!
Mom

Annette said...

That is awesome! It always feels good when you accomplish something hard. Good for you