Yesterday while running errands with my 9yr old....
We were listening to the radio. The song changed and the next song had horrible lyrics. We don't listen to the true radio in the car much for that very reason. Well we tuned into Radio Disney we have always been able to trust Radio Disney so far. Well after a bit a song on Radio Disney had some lyrics that were not nice(not terrible just not nice). So I turned off the radio. D. asked why I turned off Radio Disney. I said that the song playing didn't have a nice massage. D. said well if even Radio Disney starts playing bad music there won't be any stations left to listen to. We can only listen to that one station at Christmas time and only hear Christmas music, because Christmas music isn't bad.
Well a little later we turned Radio Disney back on and D. said mom this is a good song because it is about a boy who wants a girl friend to be a good person it doesn't matter what she looks like. (Beautiful Soul by Jesse McCartney) I had never heard the song before. He hadn't either, but, not only had he listened to the words but understood them. The next song he did the same thing. I am so glad that he already can see the importance of choosing good music, but more importantly I need to listen more closely to what I allow in the car if he is listening that closely. I hope that my example of turning off bad music will help him do so when he starts wanting to choose his own music.
9 years ago




1 comment:
They hear it all...especially the things you don't want them to hear.
Post a Comment