Monday, August 18, 2008

first day

Well I got D. off to school and in one piece and we had a stressful late start to the morning. We really weren't used to getting ready quickly. (sigh) So I didn't get all those cute pics of them going off to school and starting this new adventure. Tomorrow J. has his first day. (Maybe I'll remember the camera) Maybe I'll fudge it at take the pics tomorrow and still look cool:)

I am so nervous I have made myself sick with worry I can't wait to get this day over with. I wonder how he is doing is he having Fun? Will he be surprised to see a note in his lunch? Will he know where the bathroom is? Most of his cub scout den is in his class. I look them aside last den meeting and said that they need to be cub scouts 24/7 not just on Wednesday afternoons. That being a cub scout is special and they are a united group of boys. I reminded them that they promise every week to help others and to help the cub scouts grow. I gave them situations that are hard for D. and asked them/told them what they could do to help him. I hope that they will be my eyes and ears and help him out. that would really ease my worries.

1 comment:

Tamara Terrill said...

He looked pretty good when I saw you walking! I hope it went well for him...and you! What are you going to do tomorrow with just A.? Enjoy!