Wednesday, August 20, 2008

school

D. had an awesome first day of 4th grade. He came out of the school with the biggest smile on his face. He went into great detail about LOTS of things about his day. It was wonderful!! It is hard to believe that he is old enough to be in forth grade. I am so excited for him this year. When we walked to school D.'s first day he saw a friend of his and they fell into step and walked into the school grounds together. It was a neat thing for me to see.

J.'s first day was hard on me. I had a bad experience with the office twice for other reasons that weren't J. I had a bad experience with the resourse team. I had problems with J.'s teacher which resulted in me staying to observe his class for an hour. When I picked him up the first thing that he said to me was that "It felt like kindergarten!" I asked what that meant and he said " It was so fun the day felt really short."
When asked "did you make and new friends?" he said "yes". "What were their names?" "I don't remember". "When asked "did you learn anything?" he said "yes". "What did you learn?" "I don't remember". "Did you like lunch?" "Oh yes! I had cheese pizza that was trianlge shape like a real slice and chocolate milk in a box and a Popsicle!" And lucky for him during his last recess the tractor was actually working on the playground and he and a former Hayden peak friend enjoyed watching it work. I think he had a good first day even if I didn't. But you can tell what was most important to him. LUNCH.

A. felt a little left out this morning. When I told the boys to get their back packs she was right behind them with hers. She insisted that she also get her picture take of the first day of school. Once at the school with her backpack still securely on her back she asked where was her show and tell item? She couldn't find it in her back back. She also kept asking where her class room was. I told her that our preschool wasn't here and would start in 7 more sleeps. She cried and cried. She want to be bigger than I want her to be.

5 comments:

Heather Shepherd said...

What handsome little men! I'm glad that your boys enjoyed school. Sorry you had it bad though!

ducknme said...

Poor Aubrey! Don't they all want to be bigger than we want them to be? I'm so sorry about James's Teacher though, maybe she'll get better as time goes on. Maybe. We hope.

Jaqui said...

I'm glad D had a nice first day. We worry so much and then they come home so happy and we wonder why we worried. I guess we just love them too much.

I love that lunch was J's favorite part of the day. That is so typical.

It is so hard to be left out. Savanna feels like A even though she has started preschool. She asks me probably 10 times a day when sisters are going to be home.

Kelli said...

Seriously, Amy, how did we get 4th graders?! They seem so big now. I am glad that the boys had a good day even if J can only remember lunch. Gracie had the same feelings about all the girls going back to school, she has a little backpack that she wears in the mornings while she takes them to school.

heidivee said...

Amy, I feel like I haven't seen your boys in a while, and they seriously look SO grown up. I can NOT believe it. I am glad school is going well. R's favorite thing is lunch, too. And yes, I will give you the answers to my image tag thing soon! You got almost all of them right! :)