Wednesday, July 15, 2009

cub scout camp

while some of us were stuck at home, my sweet big D was off traipsing around mill creek canyon.
last week was cub scout camp! the first morning I remembered all the basics except sunscreen and his water bottle. Will he be a dehydrated red lobster at the end of the day? What a new experience it was webelos camp for him and also the (my dreaded) auquanaut.(the swimming activity pin that they can earn.) 3 hours in a outside pool ugh but he had a great time. They got free time in the pool after they passed off everything and D discovered he could do flips off the diving board. he had a blast. He shot BB guns, swam, learned about natureand rocks. and had a great time. They saw another group out in the canoes and saw a couple capsize. Our boys were so excited about canoeing the next day and schemeing plans of capsizing their boats too. Well each one was given a stern talk by me and their leaders that they were to stay dry and no tipping over boats. So Day 2 the first report I get from D goes like this.....Don't be mad mom but while we were in the canoes and were at the deepest part of the lake I jumped out. I don't even remember really doing it. I remember a big splash and being in the water.
WHAT!!!???!!!??? why? but no good answer.
The rest of the day was a bit hard on him but over all still had fun.
He is so close. We hope that he will be getting his Webelo Rank at the next pack meeting. He is so close. But it is just another thing I have been slacking on.
below are a couple if pics of D at camp.

yes this was before his royal whiteness became his royal lobsterness. Is it bad to think wow! Holy cow some of these 10 year old have great bodies -- really, they are 10 for petes sake!

No comments: