I have wanted to paint A.'s room for about a year now. her room has always been the "baby room" it was painted with stenciled teddy bears. Now that she is getting older -and is my only girl I have been dreaming of a big girl room design. I wanted to have it be something that would not be to little kid like, so when she is older she would not grow out of it. becuase I am not one to decorate over and over. But I have run into obstacles because my girl had a strong opinion and wants to include her input and have that be the way it is. I have finally got her talked into my design. Or so I thought. As I started primering over the teddy bears she begged me to stop and plead not to get rid of the teddy bears because she loved them so much. I told her that if we kept the teddy bears then she couldn't have her cinderella room. (that's what we call it because the color blue we comprimised on is the color of cinderellas dress.) Well A. has come up with the "perfect" compromise. leave one wall the old way and paint the rest like her cinderella room. ugh have mercy. my children have the hardest time letting go of anything and change in anyway is hard and out of the question.
So today I went to finish primering over the bears and bumped the paint tray. it landed upside down on the floor and the dog. my black dog was white on top. and the primer didn't land all on the paint sheet I had on the floor. wow what a huge mess. the funny thing is I have all the walls done except for the one A. wanted to keep bears. Maybe it is an owmen that she really is right. anyway this project haad been more of a headache then I hoped for. if I wasn't already in the middle then I think I would call it quits! If I ever get it finished I will post a picture.
9 years ago




4 comments:
I did that one time when painting the ceiling at work. They were giving me overtime to do it and i worked in a restaruant. Everything was fine until I went to move the ladder and had forgotten to take down the paint bucket.
Good luck with your bears!
Oh boy that sounds like a project....Good luck! :D
Oh My Gosh!!! That is just awful! I say you get rid of all of the teddy bears on the wall and compromise by taking up a neighborhood collection of all of our stuffed teddy bears and lining her walls with real teddy bears that can be out grown...without the use of more paint!!! I know of at least 5 teddy bears we can donate to your sanity - and her happiness!
P.S. We can make the block party the drop zone for any teddy bears in need of a new home!
we had her stand by the wall and took pictures of her standing by the bears and are going to find a cute frame and put the picture up on her shelf. so she can have it forever.
now we are happy.
Post a Comment