Friday, July 18, 2008

girls night out of a different sort.

I was excited yesterday I had an impromptu invite to a girls night out with a bunch of friends. I couldn't wait for a night of great company and lots of laughing. A couple hours before it was time to go, I got a phone call from another friends husband. My friend had been in the hospital for several days and had 2 surgeries and they just brought her home. He was concerned about leaving her for several hours while he drove to Ogden to pick up their children who had been there all week. I had a night of service instead of laughter and I came home feeling just as rejuvenated and happy as I would have gone to Chili's with all those fun ladies. It was good to be there and to help a friend who needed some company too. We watched a great movie to pass some of the time called the ultimate gift. It was wonderful. like a hallmark movie kind of wonderful. To all you who went out last night I missed seeing you but I hope that you had a great time.

6 comments:

Heather Shepherd said...

It was a good time, but I missed you! I also felt guilty. I thought - shoot, if I hadn't invited her, she wouldn't know she missed out on being with us (I hope that didn't come off wrong...) and she wouldn't be sad. But then again, if I hadn't invited you, we would have missed out on being with Tara.

You are a great example of service to me!

Jaqui said...

I missed you, but I'm glad you were able to help your friend. Everyone needs a friend like you. And, we'll do a girls' night next month.

Shannon said...

We did miss you! I felt bad that I didn't even know all this was happening to M. I wish I had known. You were awesome to make yourself available to help her out.

Jaqui said...

I just realized that I never left you a comment about a memory I had of you even though you left one for me.

The very first memory I have of you is that first book group. I loved that we were able to chat after, just sitting in your driveway. I got a small glimpse of how amazing you are as a mom, wife and friend You shared so easily your trials, fears and successes. Each time we talk I just admire you more.

Kelli said...

We missed you too! I am glad you could be there for Melanie while she needed you. You are a really great friend! We'll do it again soon and you can join us.

ducknme said...

Amy, it's me Tara. I know I have a funny screen name and no one rcognizes me.... I wanted to say i missed you too, but I had a wonderful time. I'm glad you invited me even if you coulden't come and I'm glad you could be there for Melanie. It just goes to show what an amazing person you are.

BTW, love the blog!