We are adopting a dog. Oh help; what was I thinking. I know that we should have this dog. Her name Sammy- short for Samantha. She is a 2 yr old black cocker spaniel She will arrive from Idaho around A.'s birthday at the end of the month. If all goes well. I hope that this isn't the end of my sanity. Wish us luck.
Always up for good dog advice.
9 years ago




4 comments:
My advice: You're crazy! No, I am just kidding! How exciting. You will probably never see a dog around my house... 5 kids (including Steve) are enough for me. Plus, Nicole is afraid of dogs!
Congratulations on your new arrival! Savanna may adopt you! My advice: it is not mean to hold your dogs mouth shut if he/she snaps at anyone, even if they are just playing. We did this with our dog (and the one we had before this one) when we first got her. The kids were playing tug of war with her and she got a little too excited. I held her mouth shut for a good 30 seconds while telling her "no". She has never done that again...even when Savanna lays on her head! I'm excited for you! Dogs keep kids entertained (i.e. you can blog more).
Keep your laundry room door shut. Hide all valuable toys or shoes. Don't let it start sleeping in your bed. Ummm...train the kids to feed it...and not to kiss it on the mouth...? hee hee good luck!
Good luck with that. That is my advice. You have an older child...so he will be a big help. And I have heard it's great to be raised with a pet. I had dogs all my life growing up until I got married. Now I can't see us with one because my hubby says NEVER and I clean up enough poop as it is!! Really, I would love to come over and visit and play with your dog, I really like them. I think you'll love it, and your kids certainly will.
Also, I wanted to share my first memory of you...I think it was the day we came to VT for the first time. And I think we stayed way too long, because it was so fun to just sit and chat with you. You are quiet in groups, so I was like "Oh my gosh, she is so cute and fun!" I could have talked for another hour!! I am so glad I got to be your VT. :)
Post a Comment