Monday, July 28, 2008

our new addition



Yes she is finally here! Our family has grown by one. Samantha, (Sammy) arrived just before 4 pm on Sunday. she is nearly 25 inches long and weighs 39.5 pounds. Yes, for a cocker spaniel that is over weight and she is quite the chunk. I call her Sammy bear because she looks just like a black bear cub. She is such a good dog. You always wonder what kind of dog you get when you adopt from an animal shelter. She needs some formal training but she is quite well mannered. The kids all wanted to have Sammy sleep on their bed but she wouldn't stay with any of them until we (the grown ups) went to bed and shut the door and made her choose some one else to love for the night. She spent the night with A. At first A. was happy about it until she saw the black hair on her white bed spread and she cried that she didn't want the dog to turn her bed black. I hope to figure out how to post pics and show her to all of you.
It is almost like adding another toddler to the family. I am glad that my children are as big as they are or this would be too hard. D. volunteered to be the pooper scooper every day for ever. We'll see what he says a week form now. In one day he has been on duty 3 times already today.
Still she has been GREAT!!!!

4 comments:

ducknme said...

Awww, I so happy for Sammy to have found such a special home to live in.
PetSmart offers some good training classes, and as I recall they were pretty reasonably priced, at least they were three years ago.

Kelli said...

Congrats! You know the Fishers signed up for a dog training class that ran on Monday nights, they had a quick lesson and that was the activity for the family every monday.

Heather Shepherd said...

What a good idea to have closed your door so the dog would find someone else to sleep with! I wish we had thought of that one!

Jaqui said...

He is soo cute! I'm glad he turned out to be a good dog! I showed Savanna the pictures and she said, "She's so adorable. Can we go play with her? Maybe she will marry Zoey."
BTW, I love your new background.