Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas tears and cheers

We will start with D. What a trooper. Tears came from me when he lost his belief in Santa this year. More tears came from me when he tried to help his bro and sis lose their belief too. Luckily he didn't succeed. Cheers came when "Santa" was able to bring him the un-findable wii game. He also got a digital video camera that he is still waiting to try out! He also got mad libs anyone remember these? I couldn't get enough of them when I was his age and now that he can't get enough of them either I realize what a good sport my mom was to put up with filling them out all day every day. I can now sympathise with that.

J. what can I say his almost tears came and the Christmas party at his grandma's house. The first box he was handed, he said " I know what is in here I know its geo trax. I just know it!!!!" Well he opened it and His whole countenance fell he couldn't hide the disappointment he had when he was holding up a cooties game box. The rest of the night he carried that box around with him where ever he went. He decided it was an ok game now that he saw the it was new and improved! Don't despair Santa was good to him too. He got geotrax with a remote control plane! he was so excited!!!!

Little A. never had any tears. But she never seemed as excited for any of her toys as we expected. You could tell she was happy about them. I guess she inherited more lack of emotion from her daddy than I thought! Anyway grandma will be on A.'s good side for a long time. She gave Aubrey the mickey mouse toon plane and binocu-scopes and A. loved them. Santa brought her a baby alive learns to go potty. That is all she talked about since she saw a commercial on our California trip. But when she sat on Santa's lap she said she wanted daisy duck for her mickey mouse club house because she didn't have her yet. So Santa actually left A. 2 gifts and Daisey arrived along with the doll. I can tell you today that I personally wish that baby who needs to go potty stayed at the north pole. Her little voice saying hi mommy I need to go potty is about on my last nerve. I hear it all day long. At first A. would yell at it. I am not your mommy or I hate it when you say that. Now it is ok. She is so good about that doll. She has it naked and no diaper on or anything and insists in giving it a drink and it has "Accidents" on the carpet and without being asked or prompted she goes and get toilet paper and cleans it up the best she can. Everytime!

Well nothing exciting for me or B. Just the usual grown up needs and not much to report but that is the way it should be. My best present was to see my kids enjoy and the thrill of surprise they had.

3 comments:

Sharla said...

LOL! Is that just a Moody trait? Little emotion-at least when it comes to laughter (or lack of) or showing excitement about something? Anthony complains about that sometimes too, but I've worked on it over the years. I'm more expressive than I use to be. Glad you had a good Christmas and that you made it back safely! Oh- I had to tell my oldest two when they were 10 about Santa. I think I'll wait longer for the 2 youngest, because the oldest wish they could have been older. I remember knowing at 8, though.

ducknme said...

Aww! I'm sorry about D. not believing in Santa. But I'm glad the others did not agree with him. Santa does a great job at our house and I'll really miss him when Ian gets too old for him. I'm glad you had a great Christmas though! And happy New Year to you whole wonderful family!

Kelli said...

I am sorry about D.! Emily still believes even though I thought this would be her year too. I am not sure I have much hope for next year though.

I am also sorry about the potty doll, but truley grateful now that we did not get it for Grace! She really wanted it but it was super annoying at the store I didn't think I could handle it.